October 17, 2018
- The main event of the day is the publication of the The Federal Open Market Committee meeting minutes, it is scheduled at 18:00 UTC. Investors hope to find information on further increases of interest rates and about the impact of US President Trump position on further actions of the US Federal Reserve.
- According to the inflation data published by the UK National Statistics Office, the consumer price index fell more strongly than the forecast, having shown the worst result over the past three months: the figure dropped to 2.4% on an annualized basis, and monthly basis it dropped to 0.1%.
- Inflation in the Eurozone remains above the level set by the European Central Bank. The growth rate of consumer prices remains at 2.1%. Most likely, the new data will confirm the ECB’s intention to leave interest rates unchanged.
- At 12:30 UTC the US will publish data on construction, according to the forecast, the number of building permits issued in September rose to the mark of 1.278M, and the volume of construction of new houses will drop to 1.220M.
- Netflix stocks gained 4% yesterday. Netflix financial report showed earnings per share at the level of $0.89 (forecast $0.68). As it became known, the service received 7 million new subscribers from July to September 2018, which is a third more than the markets had expected, therefore, investors’ fears of a company’s rapid growth slowdown were groundless.