January 18, 2019
- UK retail sales have fallen to their lowest levels for the last few years, experts say that the upcoming Brexit is causing consumers to be more careful about spending. The British pound is declining on weak data and uncertainty with Brexit.
- At 13:30 UTC Canada will present data on inflation and the volume of foreign investment in the country’s securities. Reports will show the impact of trade wars and lower oil prices on the Canadian economy.
- Oil prices are rising today after an OPEC report showed a decline in oil production by countries – OPEC members. At 18:00 UTC Baker Hughes will report on the number of active rigs in the United States.
- Netflix reported the fourth quarter of 2019 results, Netflix’s net income fell 28% to $0.3 per share, and the company’s revenue totaled $4.19 billion. Netflix shares were down in premarket.
- The Ethereum rate continues to decline after it became known that the Ethereum hardforkwas postponed due to the discovered critical vulnerability in one of the improvements.